A lot of time has passed since DAZ 3D offered its main 3d human figures for free, for this reason I publish this new post in which I illustrate the free DAZ 3D software and the free DAZ 3D figures available now. In addition, for those who don’t mind spending a few dollars, you will find information on the Platinum Club +, a subscription that allows to get various benefits on the purchases made in the DAZ store.
Free DAZ 3D Software
DAZ 3D makes available to all users a free 3D suite, including DAZ Studio and Hexagon, which allows you to animate, model and render.
DAZ Studio is a powerful and free 3D creation software that is not only easy to use, but also full of features, and can be used to create rendered images and 3d animations.
You can find more information and the program requirements on this page.
Hexagon is a 3D modeling software, of which we had already spoken in earlier posts on this site, fairly easy to use for beginners, but also powerful for professionals.
Several video tutorials are available on the DAZ website.
On this page, instead, you will find video tutorials for the two programs above, which will help you start your adventure in the world of the 3d art.
Free DAZ 3D Content
Even though DAZ 3D no longer offers for free its main human figures, with the download of DAZ Studio you will find several bundles that include the basic figures Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3 and Genesis 8, as well as many other free DAZ 3D content such as clothes, poses, hair and props.
How to get free software and content
- First of all you need to register on the DAZ 3D website;
- an email will be sent to the address you indicated during registration, where you must click on the link to confirm your email address;
- after the confirmation will arrive a new email with tips on how to start and the link to download the DAZ Install Manager (DIM);
- Install DIM and start it;
- enter the email and the password of your account (the same ones you used to register on the DAZ 3D website);
- once logged in the DIM will start to automatically download many of the free DAZ 3D content (some are still optional).
Note the following products must be installed before starting to use DAZ Studio:
- DAZ Studio 4.xx (The version downloaded from the automatic download will depend by your operating system. Are available Win 32-bit, Win 64-bit, Mac 32-bit, o Mac 64-bit)
- Default Resources for DAZ Studio
- dForce Starter Essentials
- Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials
- Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials
- Genesis 3 Female Starter Essentials
- Genesis 3 Male Starter Essentials
- Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials
- Genesis 8 Male Starter Essentials
- Genesis Starter Essentials
- PostgreSQL CMS (Also here the version downloaded from the automatic download will depend on your operating system. Are available Win 32-bit, Win 64-bit, Mac 32-bit, o Mac 64-bit)
- Subsurface Shader Base
Other free DAZ 3D content
On the website you can also find other various free DAZ 3D models by visiting the page https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models.
Platinum Club +
Platinum Club + (PC +) is a subscription that can be purchased annually at a cost of $ 70 or quarterly at a price of $ 24. Once you have purchased a subscription, you can also set up a monthly payment plan for the subscription. This can be done from the Platinum Club section of the My Account page.
- Save an other 30% on all Daz Original products (store products showing the DAZ logo), including those that have just been released;
- a new free DAZ 3D content released every week;
- a Platinum Club + store section that includes thousands of content sold at prices ranging from $ 1.99 to $ 7.99;
- every month a $ 6 coupon to spend on Daz Original products;
- another $ 6 coupon for a purchase of 18 or more dollars that can also be used on Premier Artist products (as sellers are called on the DAZ website);
- plus access to the exclusive PC + forum, rendering competitions for members, exclusive offers on Premier Artist catalogs and more.
Leave a Reply